Monday, December 1, 2014

Two New - Quiltville Mystery 2014 & Blogging

Christmas time is here!!!  December 1st brings the beginning of two new endeavors for me. I have started a blog.  This is my first post and I think this will be fun.  The other is Bonnie Hunter's 2014 Mystery Quilt Grand Illusion, it actually began 11/28/14, 3 days ago.  Find out all about it here.  This is not the first mystery I have done with Bonnie and it will definitely not be the last.  They are fun, and stretch my abilities, helping me improve all aspects of piecing quilts.  Usually I go scrappy but for this one I am using only one fabric from each color and here are mine.


On Nov. 29, I was up at 3:30 a.m. (PT) to see if the first part had posted and there it was. I spent the next 2 hours sewing in my head while trying to go back to sleep.  I should have just stayed up and cut fabric.  But Friday evening, while catching up on some TV, I cut all my black and yellow squares, and 72 HST pairs using my easy angle.  Still perfecting that skill, proper alignment with the ruler is as important as that pesky 1/4" seam allowance.  And Bonnie's Quiltville posts have helped with that so much.  Check out her tips and techniques tab at the top of her blog when you return to the Part 1 link party.

Then Saturday morning, before I went to work, I made 5 blocks.  Only 95 to go but I am loving it already.  Here are four of the five together.  They make a pretty star.


Well, that will be it for my first post.  I will be posting each week and hope my progress inspires someone to start Grand Illusion or to keep going.  Thanks for visiting.  You may return to the Quiltville linky party for Grand Illusion part 1 by clicking here.

Joyfully piecing,
Terry

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog. It's fun to have a venue for your quilting friends to keep track of what you're doing. This is my second BH mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I went to your blog and let me say your Vintage Moments is beautiful. Thanks for being the first to comment.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I hope you will enjoy sharing your love of quilting this way and will meet some new friends. Your Grand Illusion is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for your new blog. I love your blocks and what you said about learning from every quilt. This is my second Bonnie Hunter Mystery, and I am enjoying it a lot so far.

    ReplyDelete