Monday, December 15, 2014

Grand Illusion Mystery Part 3

What a busy day!  Christmas shopping and work.  But finally a bit about part 3.  It really has the mystery getting deeper.  One of these things is not like the others.  The first two parts were the same size and shape, 4 1/2" inch squares, now we have rectangles that are 3 1/2" by 6 1/2".  How will they all go together.  I don't know but I am loving it.  And this part was a lot of fun.  Since I am using all the same fabric for each of my colors I cut WOF strips, made sure my seam allowances were correct and verified everything was coming out the right size.

Here are my strip sets all sewn up and ready to cross-cut.  

And here are my first six blocks, only 114 to go.

Sunday was a very productive day.  Not only did I get some blocks stitched up but most of the Christmas shopping is done.  It was fun to get out and see the stores all decorated and hear the Christmas music playing.  Hope you are enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas.  To get back to the Grand Illusion Mystery link up click here.

Joyfully piecing,
Terry

2 comments:

  1. Love your white and looking at the different pics that appear. Merry Christmas Terry!

    ReplyDelete