Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Monday Mystery LinkUp a Day Later

Happy first Tuesday of 2015!  I was very excited to see the early release of Grand Illusion Quilt reveal.    I love the movement in the quilt and how it spins.  And I am glad I didn't finish every step.  In my last post I speculated about what we were going to do with the 80 HST's set aside from Part 1.  It was a good thing I went back and read all of Part 4 otherwise I would have had 80 extra HST's and may have run out of some fabric.

I made a small modification to my main block.  Here it is.
I may also do something with the aqua corner stones.  Maybe a yellow and aqua four patch.

I have set a goal to have this top completed by the end of January and to the quilter in February.  Even though today is only the 6th I better get going, time is already flying by.  I do have most of the parts ready for chain piecing so when I have a few minutes here or there I sew a few seams and before I know it another step is done.  

I love seeing other color combos and am amazed that so many already have the quilt tops done.  Wow, quilters are an industrious group of people.

Happy New Year to everyone! May God bless each and everyone one of you, and fill your life with joy!  You may click here to get back to Quiltville Mystery Monday link up.

Joyfully piecing,
Terry

4 comments: